Seraphina - Spear of HeavensSeraphina is a high damage assassin with tools to get in and out of the fight. Seraphina can sneak around the map with her high movement speed and prey upon unsuspecting opponents with high amounts of damage. Seraphina’s highest burst of damage is focused on a single target and sustained over 4 attacks, so be sure to choose a target you can stick to.
- High Damage against a single champion or tower
- Highly Mobile
- Can break crowd control with Ascension
- Low Health
- Majority of damage is focused into a single ability
- Damage is spread out across 4 basic attacks
- Judgement – Seraphina leaps into the air and lands in an area with incredible force, damaging and snaring nearby enemies and granting her increased damage resistance.
This is your main engagement tool. Jump on an opponent to slow them down, giving you time to land hits of Atonement. Judgement can also be used to dodge abilities such as Cinder’s Searing Flames.
- Twilight Spear – Seraphina deftly thrusts her lance in a cone, damaging enemies on impact.
This is a conal ability that can do a decent amount of damage to a group of enemies, or be used as a finisher when someone is just outside your basic attack range.
- Cyclone – Seraphina whirls her lance in a circle, damaging nearby enemies.
Best used when in the middle of multiple opponents, applying 2 hits of damage to them all.
- Atonement – Seraphina imbues herself with divine might, dramatically increasing the damage of her next 4 basic attacks.
Seraphina’s main source of damage. This makes Seraphina’s basic attacks hit massively. You have 10 seconds to get off all 4 basic attacks so don’t worry about using this ability a little before you engage in combat.
- Ascension – Seraphina recites a blessing and lunges forward in a line, cleansing crowd control effects and granting her increased movement speed.
Seraphina is one of the fastest Champions in the game, giving her a high probability to reach the powerup. A good strategy is to leave from the middle of the base and aim for the powerup which will most benefit your team. If you feel safe you can use Ascension right away to give yourself a boost of speed on the way. Grabbing this powerup will keep this advantage away from your opponents, and let you potentially start the game one step up. From this point on you can try to share the powerup, deny the opponent from sharing the powerup, or return to a lane to push/defend.
Because of the damage from Atonement, Seraphina is one of the best tower pushers in the game. Be sure to focus the basic attacks onto the Tower rather than the enemy Champions. If you have a teammate with you, have them distract/scare away the enemy while you focus on taking down the tower. Once your stacks of Atonement are gone, you can change focus to help kill the enemy with AoE or get out from the tower.
Defending a tower alone is dangerous for Seraphina. She’s weak to multiple forms of crowd control and is susceptible to damage. Try to defend at the furthest point of your tower’s attack range, using your high mobility and snare from Judgement to slow the opponent within the tower while safely escaping. If your enemy is already on the tower, focus them down with Atonement. They will have to choose between trying to fight you and taking down the tower; you can at least stall them while waiting for teammates.
If you find yourself defending against multiple enemies, focus on the one with the highest damage output while calling for help. If you can take out the highest damage dealer, you can minimize the damage done to your turret and potentially escape to come back and clean up the other.
Seraphina wants to weave in and out of teamfights, applying damage to high priority targets and then jumping away before focus is turned on her.
Prepare for a teamfight with Atonement. Once you are prepared to go in, or your teammate has already initiated, if you have Atonement already activated you can save yourself the cast time of an ability. Save Judgement if possible, this is a valuable dodging skill and can also be used to slow down a fleeing enemy. If you are the only engage on your team, try to land Judgement on as many enemies as possible, but be ready to Ascension out afterwards. You can draw enemy fire but you are a squishy target.
- Ascension can be used to catch a fleeing foe. If you feel safe, use it to catch up to someone who is low on health.
- Keep moving constantly, especially against mages. Every ability you dodge is another chance for you to get the kill.
- Use the gameboard to your advantage. Jumping over walls and closing gaps quickly are good ways to sneak up on unsuspecting enemies.
- Don’t be afraid to hit and run. Pop Atonement, jump on someone with Judgement, hit them once or twice, and then Ascension out. You’re faster so you can wait and recover while they’re now sitting at low health.
- Share powerups whenever possible. You have high speed and can escape many unfortunate situations, so take the time to boost your team.